theUp.co is a leading provider of hospitality technology products; our mission is to upgrade every hospitality experience. Having raised significant funding from investors such as Jagermeister, Founders Factory, JamJar and The Garage Soho, we are looking to grow our team by bringing together the best talent to make our vision a reality.
We're looking for a Business Development Manager to join our fast-growing ServedUp Sales team. ServedUp provides hospitality venues with the tools to serve customers fast via our mobile order, pay and EPOS solutions. You’ll play a central role in closing opportunities with some of the largest brands and best known hospitality venues which have been generated through outreach, partnerships and referrals. You’ll be working strategically with our biggest enterprise customers to discover and validate their requirements, then use your expertise to present the ServedUp value proposition.
- Use a structured qualification framework/ methodology to identify the right targets and approach.
- Undertake ‘discovery’ exercises with prospective clients to fully understand their challenges and objectives.
- Build and run tailored pitch meetings.
- Establish excellent relationships with key decision-makers.
- Close new business opportunities to hit (and exceed) monthly targets.
- Identify opportunities for growth and build/ execute the strategy to take advantage of them.
- Build out the playbook for new business and play a part in training other team members.
Skills, experience and qualities:
- 3+ years of SaaS sales experience.
- Proven track record of selling to the hospitality industry.
- A track record of hitting/ exceeding KPIs.
- The ability to work in a structured way and follow processes.
- A competitive team player who strives to top the leaderboards but, also shares insights that they’ve learnt.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and persuasive abilities.
Great to have:
- Keen to work in a fast paced and growing business.
- Start-up/ scale-up experience.
- Competitive salary plus commission and share options
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Work from home or in the office
- Inclusive social schedule
- Training budget
- Workplace pension