theUp.co is a leading provider of hospitality technology products; our mission is to upgrade every hospitality experience. Having raised significant funding from investors such as Jagermeister, Founders Factory, JamJar and The Garage Soho, we are looking to grow our team by bringing together the best talent to make our vision a reality.
ServedUp provides hospitality venues with the tools to serve customers fast via our mobile order, pay and EPOS solutions. We're looking for a Launch Project Manager to join our fast-growing Projects team; you’ll play a central role in managing the end-to-end launch (go-live) of ServedUp into our biggest venues.
- Manage and oversee a portfolio of venue launches; taking a holistic view across single and multi- venue sites.
- Liaise with prospective venues plus Sales, Design, Product and Tech to fully scope out the launch brief; this includes logistical, technical, product and timing requirements, constraints and dependencies.
- Work across internal and external stakeholders to intelligently schedule launches - including creating the launch plan, documentation, owning all related comms and actively identifying and mitigating/ managing risk.
- Work with third party providers to oversee/ manage technical integrations and requirements (note: you do not need previous technical experience, but you do need to have a willingness to learn)
- Work with venues to get set up on the platform, including sourcing and migrating menus, coordinating menu photo shoots - then reviewing, testing and quality controlling.
- Order, coordinate and set up various assets such as hardware (terminals, pocket tills), QR codes and print materials.
- Attend site to oversee and manage the launch process; be the first point of contact on site to answer any queries the venue staff might have related to either our devices or platform, train as required.
- Attend sites during critical stress testing points post-launch and troubleshoot as required.
- Hand over the venue post-launch to the Customer Success team; ensuring this is a seamless and well managed process.
- Run retrospectives on each launch to capture lessons and iterate/ improve the launch process.
Skills, experience and qualities:
- 2+ years of project management experience
- A track record of successful project delivery
- The ability to work in a structured, process driven way and create the same for other people - you’ll need to lead by example
- Confidence when dealing with a range of stakeholders; the internal ServedUp team and external venue contacts (procurement, General Managers, venue staff)
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely to a range of people
- Willingness to get hands-on with our products and become an expert - you’ll need to be obsessive about details and quality (full training will be provided)
- Willingness to visit venues, some of which will be outside of London
- Willingness to work some weekends and occasional evenings to facilitate launches
Great to have:
- Keen to work in a fast paced and growing business
- Start-up/ scale-up experience
- Domain experience - i.e. any previous role in/ visibility of the hospitality industry
- Salary plus share options
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Work from home or in the office
- Inclusive social schedule
- Training budget
- Workplace pension