theUp.co is a leading provider of hospitality technology products; our mission is to upgrade every hospitality experience. Having raised significant funding from investors such as Jagermeister, Founders Factory, JamJar and The Garage Soho, we are looking to grow our team by bringing together the best talent to make our vision a reality.
We are seeking a CFO to join the Senior Leadership Team and play a key role in our future growth and success.
- Oversee long-term financial strategy, budgetary, planning and cost management in alignment with the company’s strategic goals.
- Embed a forward-thinking culture of planning and accountability in managing finances.
- Manage all short and long-term strategic financial objectives of the company, supporting the leadership team with financial information and operational analytics.
- Set annual, quarterly and monthly budgets, then assess organisational performance against the long-term strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide financial and operational information to the CEO and leadership team and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Business partner to the CEO and senior leadership team - advising and modeling a diverse range of business development opportunities and strategic planning scenarios.
- Play a leading role in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Lead on the financial due diligence for potential acquisition targets.
- Ensure legal, policy and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions across current and future markets (currently UK, Europe, Australia).
- Ensure the employee share option scheme is rewarding, incentivising, consistent and communicated clearly.
Skills, experience and qualities:
- Proven track record as a CFO in leading a Finance function, ideally in technology scale-up/ SaaS/ Product led businesses. Hospitality sector experience would be a bonus.
- Experience of playing a lead role in successfully raising capital, ideally Series A and beyond.
- Experience of building internal and external finance processes, budgets and reports for a range or recipients including senior Leadership, Boards and investors.
- Proven ability to build Finance teams for scale.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Able to simplify complex financial models and matters.
- Strong ability to lead, coach, communicate and influence.
- Experience working in a start-up/ Series A+ environment.
- M&A experience within the technology arena.
- Hands on; can ‘do’ in addition to delegating.
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- Competitive salary, plus share options
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Work from home or in the office
- Inclusive social schedule
- Training budget
- Workplace pension